19 March 10
Orange secures exclusive on Sony Ericsson’s first Android device, the Xperia X10
- Orange to exclusively retail the white Xperia X10, offering it free to consumers and small business customers on selected pay monthly contracts
X10 available in black and in white on Orange from early April, with consumers able to register their interest immediately at http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/xperia-x10
Orange today announced it will shortly launch the much anticipated Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, the first Android device to be unveiled by Sony Ericsson. Available from early April across all Orange retail channels, the X10 will be free on select pay monthly price plans and is exclusive to Orange in white.
The 3G+ enabled X10 is the latest device to feature Google’s Android operating system, and sees the introduction of Sony Ericsson’s new User Experience (UX) interface. The interface features great new applications including Timescape™ and Mediascape which allow users to organise the content in their phone in an intuitive way:
- Timescape™ manages all your communication with one person in one place. Browse through your conversations the bright way to check out your Facebook, Twitter, photos, emails, and texts all in one go
- Mediascape is the smart way to get all the music, photos and videos you want from your favourite friends and artists.
What’s more, intelligence capabilities integrated into Timescape™ and Mediascape can automatically recognise connections between contacts, content and media. By recommending alternative ways to communicate or guiding to new media experiences, consumers can discover more in a truly open way. For example:
- Pressing the new “infinite button” guides users through the connected world, aggregating all interactions with one person into one view
- Intelligent face recognition features recognise up to five faces in any picture, automatically connecting them with users social phonebook and all other related communications with that person
The handset also comes with an integrated 8.1 mega-pixel, auto-focus camera, featuring camcorder capability, a 4 inch WVGA touchscreen, A-GPS and 1Gb of internal memory with a 8Gb MicroSD card. All this is supported by a superfast 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
Francois Mahieu, Director of Devices, Orange UK said “We’re really pleased to be working with Sony Ericsson to help bring their first Android device to UK customers. The exclusive white Xperia X10 allows users to make the most from their social relationships, whether over a call or online and is a great addition to our ever expanding range of Android devices”.
The X10 will be available in black and in white from Orange shops and www.orange.co.uk/shop in April, as well as on Orange from Phones4U.
Notes To Editors
For imagery and to request review units, please contact the Orange press office 0870 3731500
Orange is the key brand of the France Telecom Group, one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators. With 131.8 million customers, the Orange brand now covers Internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the Group operates.
In the UK, Orange provides high quality GSM coverage to 99% of the UK population, and 3G coverage to more than 93%. At the end of December 2009, Orange had more than 17.4 million customers in the UK – 16.5 million active mobile customers and approximately 900,000 fixed line internet customers.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited.
For more information please call the Orange Press Office 0870 3731500, or visit www.orange.co.uk/newsroom
Follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS feed and get the latest news delivered to your screen.
News, trends, debate and fun from within Orange and beyond.
YouTube, Facebook & Bebo. Campaigns, promotions and competitions.