6 January 11
Motorola Mobility and Orange UK Announce Motorola ATRIX™, the Future of Mobile Computing
Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), and Orange UK today announced Motorola ATRIX™, which unleashes the power of the smartphone like never before. Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application makes Motorola ATRIX the only smartphone to carry the power of mobile computing inside your pocket. Designed to bring unprecedented computing capabilities to your smartphone, Motorola’s webtop application runs a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser and supports Adobe® Flash® Player to open up all the rich graphics, animations and video on the web. Motorola ATRIX includes a dual core processor with each core running at 1 GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power, and 1 GB of RAM.
“We want to empower individuals, giving them new ways to stay connected, informed and entertained at home, on the job and anywhere in between,” said Andrew Morley, vice president of marketing for Motorola Mobility, EMARA. “We are finding that consumers are increasingly using smartphones as their primary digital screens. Motorola ATRIX ushers in a new era in mobile computing and has the power to deliver on its promise to empower individuals as it comes loaded with the Motorola webtop application, which enables consumers to enhance the capabilities of their smartphones and simultaneously reduce their need for additional mobile computing screens.”
“We are proud to be the UK launch partner for Motorola ATRIX, a ground-breaking product that delivers on our ongoing commitment to offer customers the latest multimedia devices,” said Phil Roberson, director of Devices, Everything Everywhere, the company that runs Orange UK. “Motorola ATRIX offers our customers a new and exciting way to stay in touch with the people who matter the most to them.”
Motorola ATRIX is designed to essentially become a user’s primary digital hub to create, edit and enjoy documents, media and content. This is facilitated by Motorola’s webtop application and by the optional Motorola HD Multimedia Dock and Motorola Laptop Dock that provide users with a larger screen, keyboard and trackpad – enabling an enhanced and more interactive experience with their devices.
While in webtop, users are given a window into the smartphone that enables access to all of the device’s functionality within Android. Calls continue uninterrupted if Motorola ATRIX is removed from a dock. Plus, the new Entertainment Centre feature lets you show all of the photos, music and videos you already enjoy on-the-go on a big screen in your living room.
Motorola ATRIX provides consumers with instantaneous access to all their emails, files and media. While using the webtop application, business customers will benefit from the Citrix Receiver application for complete access to commercial desktop-licensed software. In addition to the full suite of office productivity and email applications, users can also access a great number of web applications such as Salesforce.com, Google Docs, and any HTML application or service from a full desktop browser.
Motorola ATRIX runs Android™ 2.2 with access to more than 100,000 apps and games in the Android Market™.
Motorola is highlighting two industry-leading companion docks for ATRIX:
- The Motorola HD Multimedia Dock has three USB ports and an HDMI port enabling connections to a keyboard, mouse, speakers and HDMI-compatible monitor for working at your desk, or connecting to an HDMI-compatible television and home theater audio system for enjoying video, music, games and more.
- The Motorola Laptop Dock has an incredibly thin design with an 11.6-inch screen, 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to eight hours of battery life, full keyboard, stereo speakers, and weighs just 1.1 kilograms. Users simply dock their Motorola ATRIX into the back for true mobility at work, at home and playing on the go in a form factor that’s lighter and smaller than most laptops on the market.
Key features and specifications:
- A dual core processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones, rendering games faster and displaying HD video on big-screen TVs
- A full 1 GB of RAM for twice the RAM of most smartphones to deliver effortless multi-tasking, such as watching a movie while receiving and responding to email
- The world’s first qHD display for a smartphone, offering high resolution and 24-bit color, making it easier to read indoors and outdoors
- Front- and rear-facing cameras for video chat and the ability to record in HD
- Up to 48GB of storage (16GB internal and optional 32GB MicroSD card) – enough to store thousands of songs, photos and movies
- Optional 3G Mobile Hotspot service for connecting up to four additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Biometric fingerprint reader for easily unlocking your phone while providing extra security
- Under 11mm thin with an extra large 1930 mAh battery for extended standby and talk time
- Two microphones employing noise-reduction technology so your calls will be heard loud and clear in even the noisiest environments
Motorola ATRIX is expected to be available to Orange UK customers in Q2 2011. For more information on Motorola ATRIX, click here and for Motorola ATRIX accessories click here
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE:MMI) fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
Motorola Mobility, Inc
+44 (0)7970 882994
# # #
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved.
Press release: Products & Services
Follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS feed and get the latest news delivered to your screen.
News, trends, debate and fun from within Orange and beyond.
YouTube, Facebook & Bebo. Campaigns, promotions and competitions.