10 January 12
Orange UK launches own brand Android tablet - the ‘Tahiti’
- The Tahiti is the first Orange branded Android tablet to be offered in the UK, available nationwide today
- The lightweight Tahiti features a 7” multi-touch LCD screen and dual core 1.2GHz processor – perfect for users wanting to access multimedia content on the go
- Available for £69.99 on a £25 per month, 24 month data plan, the Tahiti will also be available free on a Connected 24 month plan with the San Francisco II mobile phone from only £41 per month
Orange today announced the Orange Tahiti, a super sleek and stylish Android tablet available from £69.99 on a price plan of £25 per month. Rolling out across Orange retail channels this week, the Tahiti is the first Orange branded tablet to be ranged by Orange in the UK.
Building on the success of the Orange branded mobile phone range, and continuing in the theme of offering outstanding value innovation, the Tahiti from Orange provides users with a tablet experience traditionally associated with a more high-end device. Running the Android Honeycomb operating system, the Tahiti also provides access to thousands of free apps from the Android marketplace and full Adobe Flash Player support.
Stylish and lightweight, offering great portability by weighing just 390g, the Tahiti also features a 7” multi-touch LCD screen and a dual core 1.2GHz Qualcomm processor, allowing users to surf the internet and watch films with ease when they’re on the go. Available in a slate black and silver finish, the Tahiti also features a 5 mega pixel camera, AGPS, WiFi, Bluetooth as well as a 3G+ connection.
Customers will also have access to a range of great benefits as an Orange customer including:
- Orange Wednesdays: offering 2-for-1 cinema tickets every Wednesday
- Best Value Home Broadband: great value home broadband from only £5 a month
The Tahiti is available for £69.99 on a £25 a month, 24 month data plan which includes 1GB of anytime data, 1GB of quiet time data* and unlimited WiFi hotspot access each month (subject to fair usage).
Alternatively, it is also available free as part of a Connected 24 month plan with the San Francisco II** handset for £41 per month. The new Connected plan comes with a 2GB anytime data allowance and unlimited WiFi hotspot access (subject to fair usage), which can be shared across both devices, as well as 200 anytime call minutes and unlimited texts.
Paul Jevons, Director of Products and Devices, Everything Everywhere, said: "We’re pleased to be expanding our portfolio of own-brand devices into tablets for the first time. The Tahiti is a stylish, lightweight device with a great quality screen, which we believe really does offer great value innovation and will help customers to get the most out of their multimedia content whilst on the go”.
For more information on the Tahiti from Orange, including full price plan terms and conditions, please visit www.orange.co.uk.
– ends –
Notes to editors
Review units and imagery available on request
* Quiet time is from midnight to 4pm
** The Connected plan is also available when purchasing the Tahiti with the following handsets at an additional upfront cost:
- Nokia C3-01 - £9.99
- HTC Wildfire S - £69.99
- Standby Time: 6 hours working time
- Screen size: 7 inches LCD
- Weight: 390g
- Thickness: 10.5mm
- Chipset: Qualcomm 8260 Dual Core 1.2 GHz
- Camera Features: 5 mega pixel
- Connectivity: WiFi, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, GPS/A-GPS, HSPA+
- Memory: RAM: 512MB; EMMC: 8GB
- Operating System: Android Honeycomb
- Sensor: Light sensor, gravity sensor and eCompass
- User interface: SDHC, Micro SD interface, Micro USB, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, stereo speaker, build-in MIC, HDMI type D, USIM card slot
- Battery: Li-Polymer, 3.7V, 4000mAh
About Orange UK
Orange is the key brand of the France Telecom Group, one of the world's leading telecommunications operators. With almost 131 million customers, the Orange brand now covers Internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the Group operates.
In the UK, Orange provides high quality GSM coverage to 99% of the UK population, and 3G coverage to more than 93%. Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited.
On July 1 2010, the company became part of Everything Everywhere, one company that runs two of Britain's most famous brands - Orange UK and T-Mobile UK - with plans to transform the industry by giving customers instant access to everything, everywhere, offering them the best value, best choice and best network coverage in the country. Everything Everywhere Limited is the UK’s biggest communications company, with a combined customer base of almost 28 million people and more than 720 retail stores across the country. Everything Everywhere Limited is registered at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW under the registered company number 02382161.
For more information please call the Orange Press Office 0870 373 1500, or visit www.orange.co.uk/newsroom
Follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS feed and get the latest news delivered to your screen.
News, trends, debate and fun from within Orange and beyond.
YouTube, Facebook & Bebo. Campaigns, promotions and competitions.