26 July 12
Orange UK Introduces New Roaming Initiatives To Help Customers Travelling Abroad This Summer
- New Orange travel app set to help smartphone customers monitor their mobile phone usage in real time when abroad
- Additional 3-in-1 combined bundle launched earlier this month offering customers calls, texts and data in one simple package
- Initiatives compliment Orange’s existing competitive roaming portfolio offering customers some of the most competitive rates in and outside of the EU
Orange today announced two new additions to its existing portfolio of roaming initiatives, designed to offer customers an increased level of control over their usage and spend when using their handset abroad.
From today, Orange is introducing ‘Travel Angel’, a free smartphone app downloadable from the Android and BlackBerry app stores and available soon on Apple. The app will help customers to track their mobile phone usage abroad. It automatically detects the country or region a customer is in, and if a customer does not already have a roaming bundle, it will recommend the most relevant for the amount of data, calls or texts they want to use in that country. They can buy it immediately if they want to. The app also helps customers to track in real time the data and services they use so they can monitor their spend and usage. It also lets customers set notification alerts for how much data they have left in their bundle, so they don’t overspend.
Orange also developed a new weekly combined bundle earlier this month for customers travelling in the EU. The bundle offers a simple 3-in-1 solution incorporating calls, text and data into one affordable and easy to understand package. The seven day bundle will be available for just £15 until the 5th August, then £20 thereafter, and provides customers travelling within the EU with 50 minutes, 30MB and 100 texts*.
The ‘Travel Angel’ app and new combined bundle compliment Orange’s existing roaming portfolio – which includes some of the most competitive roaming bundles on the market.
Orange also provides a number of other inititiaves to help customers control their usage when they are abroad. For further information about Orange’s roaming bundles and initiatives, please visit: www.orange.co.uk/roaming
– ends –
Notes to editors
Orange UK data roaming bundle rates
|Region||Daily 30MB bundle||30 day 30MB bundle||30 day 150MB bundle||30 day 500MB bundle|
|Rest of world 1||£6||£20||£75||£175|
|Rest of world 2||£9||£30||£100||£250|
|Rest of world 3||£15||£40||£125||£400|
EU out of bundle roaming rates (from 1st July)
|PlanType||Service Make/ Send||Receive|
|Calling to all other countries||71p||7.96p|
|Calling to Europe, Ireland & the Channel Islands and back to the UK||28.8p||7.96p|
Pay as you Go
|Plan Type||Service Make/ Send||Receive|
|Calling to all other countries||70p||7p|
|Calling to Europe, Ireland & the Channel Islands and back to the UK||28p||7p|
* The bundle is valid for use within a week or until bundle allowance is used.
- Rest of World 1 countries include: Armenia, Australia, Columbia, Croatia, Israel, Mexico, Russia, Turkey, USA
- Rest of World 2 countries include: Botswana, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Montenegro, Montserrat, New Zealand, Nigeria, Senegal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, UAE, Uganda
- Rest of World 3 countries include: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Morocco, Netherland Antilles, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, South Africa, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Ukraine, United States Virgin Islands
About Orange UK
Orange is the key brand of the France Telecom Group, one of the world's leading telecommunications operators. With almost 131 million customers, the Orange brand now covers Internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the Group operates.
In the UK, Orange provides high quality GSM coverage to 99% of the UK population, and 3G coverage to more than 93%. Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited.
On July 1 2010, the company became part of Everything Everywhere, one company that runs two of Britain's most famous brands - Orange UK and T-Mobile UK - with plans to transform the industry by giving customers instant access to everything, everywhere, offering them the best value, best choice and best network coverage in the country. Everything Everywhere Limited is the UK’s biggest communications company, with a combined customer base of almost 28 million people and more than 720 retail stores across the country. Everything Everywhere Limited is registered at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW under the registered company number 02382161.
For more information please call the Orange Press Office 0870 373 1500, or visit www.orange.co.uk/newsroom
Follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS feed and get the latest news delivered to your screen.
News, trends, debate and fun from within Orange and beyond.
YouTube, Facebook & Bebo. Campaigns, promotions and competitions.